[kj] Damned Damned Damned

Peter Moltesen sneakypete at uwclub.net
Sat Mar 3 03:23:24 EST 2007

I think that when they reformed for Machine Gun Etiquette they wanted to
move on from punk - lets face it, MGE has so much more to it than just punk
influences - pop, psychedelia, etc etc. It would have been easy just to
knock out another album of 2 minute pantomime punk singalongs, but it had
already been done so time to move on and try something
different......admittedly with mixed results sometimes.

It took a little while, but I really love the Black Album, Curtain Call
included :o) although with a couple of exceptions you'd be hard pressed to
call it 'punk' by any definition. Strawberries was a bit more mixed - but
still some good tunes like Ignite, and another one which Killing Joke (and
maybe Kurt Cobain) obviously liked ;o))) and Phantamagoria and Anything have
been discussed already

Peter

_____