[kj] OT: TRBNGR

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Fri Jun 29 19:18:20 EDT 2007

Alex - I'll try and send you the Repo Man mp3 tomorrow. It's great -
well, just harder and heavier but pretty faithful to the original

I love the new LP - but I might be swayed by the fact that I saw them do
a frigging awesome gig a few weeks ago. It does have some spectacularly
dumb songs on it, but isn't that part of the appeal? OK, Hell Toupee and Chubby
Dude are two of the worst songs they've ever written, but I think the sound
of the the whole thing is much closer to Apocalypse Dudes than Scandinavian Leather and Party Animals. And the rocktastic Boys From Nowhere is the best song they've ever
written IMHO.

Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:
Ooh -- Turbonegro covered "Repo Man"? Would love to hear that.

Alex in NYC

On Jun 28, 2007, at 6:18 PM, B. Oliver Sheppard wrote:

> This Turbonegro video, from their new album, makes me embarrassed

> that I ever liked them: http://www.cookingvinyl.com/video/

> turbonegro_dydydd.wvx

> -Oliver

> gingoblin at easynet.co.uk wrote:

>> Oh I dunno... Ride With Us, Turbonegro Must Be Destroyed, Le

>> Saboteur and Drenched In Blood all do it for me. PLus their cover

>> of Repo Man and a few of the b-sides extras were pretty good.

>> Got a fuck of a lot to live up to that's for sure. Chasing the

>> buck and too much coke is the problem!!!

>> Dave In Edinburgh

>> At 10:14 28/06/2007 -0500, you wrote:

>>> I can't stand Turbonegro now. Everything after Apocalypse Dudes =

>>> shit.