[kj] OT: New Bad Brains LP

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Thu Jun 28 11:33:11 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/28/2007 8:28:55 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wessidetempest at hotmail.com writes:

I heard it about a month back. It's good...not great. I think I need to
re-listen. They really haven't put out a horrible record. The one on
Hollywood, or whatever the Madonna label was called, was the weakest.
They have the same problem as the majority of the older, ground-breaking
bands. They have a mighty past to live up to.
I just hope they tour and keep it together to make it through all of the
cities this time.
It sounds like HR is being more reasonable these days. But if you've seen
their pics at the final days of CBGB's you might think otherwise. They are
so good live.

Chris

I was at the last Bad Brains show at CBGB's- I don't know what is up with
HR- It seems he kind of spun some persona for himself and forgot to turn it
off- like an actor who never breaks character. My friend roadies for them and I
keep meaning to ask them what is really up with HR- and yeah if HR had it his
way he would just be singing reggae.

Adam Helfer
President
Omkara World