[kj] the party's over

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Mon Jun 25 08:19:10 EDT 2007

Basically, I do not own the copyright in the recordings, therfore it is not my right to exploit them for any commercial (or non commercial) gain. Perfectly correct.

I think the sensitivity of the recordings were the issue though as the tracks as the tracks are intended for use on the upcoming reissue. No-one bats an eyelid when someone sells one of their CDs on ebay though and, technically, that is the same. The idea being that, you bought it, you keep it. If someone else wants it, they buy it through the right channels so that everyone gets paid.

The theory is right, in practice it never happens but when there is an unreleased track or two in question then people must protect their rights.

I'm just glad that the tracks are coming our so you can all hear it!

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear

--- crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

From: Change <crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk>
To: "A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)" <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: Re: [kj] the party's over
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 12:36:48 +0100 (BST)

What were the explanations of copyright issues that
Steve gave?

--- Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
Just to mention that the ebay item will now be removed
at the request of PHD/Killing Joke

But please see this as a positive thing as it is
intended that this track will appear on Extremities
expanded
This tape seems to be the only source of this track.
the vaults do not seem to have it!

Steve at PHD called and explained some of the
copyright issues etc. This way, hopefully, everyone
will get to hear it and KJ get paid rather than copies
appearing online.

INTERZONE
http://www.augustineleudar.110mb.com/Interzone.htm

RTX, Kristin Hersh, Githead, Shellac, Michael Gira & the Dirty Three interviewed here:
http://www.perfectsoundforever.com

Polysics interviewed here:
http://www.cultcargo.net