[kj] ot: good news!

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Jun 20 00:31:22 EDT 2007

I HAVE saved the whales...I was lucky enough to be involved in a whale
rescue when I was a kid, at the time it was the most successful whale
rescue ever, according to the papers (3 lost from 120)...mainly because
everyone in the whole area rushed down to the sea and got involved, as
opposed to getting helicopters and boats to pull them out to sea....which
can freak them out. Most of our school went down, and everyone just gently
pushed them back out, kept their airholes wet etc.