[kj] OT: Loud Shows

JStrisino at aol.com JStrisino at aol.com
Tue Jun 12 16:43:31 EDT 2007

I saw The Who a few times in the 70s. The Granby Hall show of 1975 when I
was a young teenager sticks in the memory as being deafening. Rumour at the time
suggested the rumble set of the seismograph in Birmingham! Probably untrue,
but it felt like an earthquake! The Charlton show of 76 (which I attended)
spent a few years in the Guinness Book of Records with a registered reading of
120 decibels at 50 meters from the front of the stage: and Who shows were
very long too!

Killing Joke at Warwick University in 1985 was particularly loud as were
their Birmingham Institute gigs of 90/91 (?).

There have been many others, too numerous to mention, that have contributed
to my deteriorating hearing!

J.