[kj] OT: Loud Shows

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 12 04:47:16 EDT 2007

Ah, the persuasive powers of mushrooms

jpwhkj at aol.com wrote: I remember seeing someone climb into one of the speakers at a Here & Now gig....

-----Original Message-----
From: Neil Perry
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Sent: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 5.19pm
Subject: Re: [kj] OT: Loud Shows

Yup, loudest gig I ever saw was Swans at the old T&C in Kentish Town,
some time in the early 90s (?). It was ridiculous. There was approximately
a 10-metre 'no man's land' zone all across the hall in front of the stage, where
no one would go as it was too loud. Most people were crammed together at
the back wall, very far from the stage. Many people just stood with their hands
over their ears. There was one guy, obviously very out of it, stood right in
front of one the speaker stacks. I imagine his hearing was fucked for life.
I left about half way through, just couldn't take it anymore...

CEPLASTER at aol.com wrote:

Now, if you want to talk about the absolute loudest one I can remember, their was a Swans show I saw at the Rat in Boston,