[kj] OT: Loud Shows

P Bernardi phantasmas at erols.com
Sun Jun 10 22:49:04 EDT 2007

I was at the Bauhaus show the first night they played. Excellent.

Before 9:30 club moved to its current location - it was called WUST
hall. Sugar played there - at the end of the set Mould placed his
guitar towards the speakers and the feedback was killing everyone. My
ears rang for days. That last Ministry show with Raven was raging loud
even with earplugs in.

Saw My Bloody Valentine at Hammerjacks loooong time ago. It wasnt over
the top loud but they did sound terrible.

The past several shows I've seen at 9:30 club - somethings wrong with
the low end in the speaker system. Noticed it less with real basses.
Its mostly with programmed or keyboard bass.