[kj] OT Fw: new 2012 Logo !!

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Fri Jun 8 08:34:10 EDT 2007

Beating the shite out of each other, and the fine art of disarticulating
joints and choking etc, sometimes to the point of death, was the highlight
of the ancient Olympics at one stage, possibly from the very beginning. It
was called 'Pankration' in ancient Greece. Some MMA (mixed martial arts)
guys are trying to re-establish it at the Olympics. (They ought to start
with the person who came up with that logo...looks like the result of 4
months of polytech down the drain or something ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pankration