[kj] Shirty?

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 15:15:38 EDT 2007

Ah, well, it's ancient history, I suppose, but Malicious Damage was ordered to stop selling t-shirts bearing the words "Killing Joke" on them about -- must be about four years ago, I'd imagine. The history of Mike Coles working with Killing Joke is a long and august one, but evidently there've been several miscommunications between the two camps over the years, resulting in some not so amiable interaction. In any event, the story goes that Coles was legally obligated to cease all sales of KJ shirts. So he did.

So, when I spotted the notice on the newly re-launched site that read:

"The final stock of shirts that were previously available via Malicious Damage are now available via PHD, limited stock available..."

..I wondered aloud whether it was the very shirts in question, which got "Darth"'s quills up because *GOD FORBID* anyone *DARE* suggest that Killing Joke's business practices over the years have been anything but *SPOTLESS* On the other hand, perhaps the differences between KJ and MD on this matter have all been ironed out. I just thought it was a bit mysterious.

Bleat over.

Alex in NYC