[kj] Funny KJ tracks?

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 14:16:55 EDT 2007

Alexander Smith wrote:

> Can't say I've ever found any Killing Joke song funny, to be honest.

> Alex in NYC

What about interviews w/ Jaz?

Like these wacky quotes:

"Things may have to be washed away, yes. Earthquake, torrential storm,
bombs. They're all the same thing. It's a reaction against the stupidity
of man. My physical life objects, but I think it is great. I hate this
urban environment, this torturous mediocrity. I want to see the end of
the fucking civilization. *Look at human nature: every sixty years or so
there is war. Man needs bloodshed. Always has, always will. Until he can
stand his own nature, forget it. We've gone as far as we can physically.
We see the moon, we want to touch it. Technology has gone as far as it
possibly can. But we have not developed ourselves. We are animals with
expensive toys. That is all. The next stage is man developing himself.
We need mass bloodshed to get there.*" -- Jaz Coleman,
http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/articles/1979-1982/another-room.html

"[T]here's this force that comes around every six years that we call
war. If you observe, you'll notice that man needs bloodshed. It's a
fact, it affects the human psyche, bloodshed. There is no more potent
sacrifice than the ritual bloodshed that occurs every six or seven
years. Even cracking an egg is a ritual. Just the idea of a
sacrifice....like cracking an egg....can achieve the same result. It's
observing our own nature. I think today science and technology has gone
as far as it could; and we have to try to understand it as much as
possible. *I see the only way out is forward. The only way out is
destruction. Destruction of the old sentiments of life, destruction of
the old story. Following the natural instincts of life, this is the way
I see things." - Jaz Coleman,
http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/articles/1979-1982/torontoshades81.html

"Look, the ending when it comes won't be through a nuclear war or atomic
bombs or any of that shit. It'll be natural disasters like earthquakes
and floods. It's just the earth's way of cleaning itself and getting rid
of the natural waste. It's like everything - life, rock and roll and the
world: it all goes in circles and when the time comes the world will get
rid of all the crap and those who survive will start a new civilisation,
much better than the last one." - Jaz Coleman,
http://www.anirrationaldomain.net/articles/1979-1982/nme0581.html

Yikes....

-Oliver
*