[kj] [OT] Tonight...

Mark Wilson mark.wilson at crunchpod.com
Fri Jul 27 14:27:15 EDT 2007

> So many older bands are pulling the "play the whole album" stunt lately.

The shows that I saw were all part of this Don't Look Back series:

http://www.dontlookbackconcerts.com/

A week prior to the SF shows, I saw Slint, GZA/Genius from Wu-Tang Clan,
and Sonic Youth perform at the first night of Chicago's Pitchfork
Festival. This first night was part of the Don't Look Back series as
well. Sonic Youth is my girlfriend's favorite band so we used the Chicago
shows as an excuse for a vacation. I had no idea that Slint was
performing that night until the day before we left, and I was really
excited when I found out. (I already had my ticket to see them here.)

As for GZA/Genius, I was rather unimpressed, but then again, I hate most
hip-hop. (Dalek is one of the few exceptions to this.)

Mark
--
Conure -- http://conure.crunchpod.com
15 Degrees Below Zero -- http://15dbz.crunchpod.com