[kj] FW: Re: who hates the simpsons.....

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 27 03:21:40 EDT 2007

To Leigh,

Yeah, there is a big feeling esp. among fans that the series peaked
around Seasons 6 - 8, which'd be mid to late 90s. It possibly did peak
then, but I think there are still enough good shows each season to
redeem it, with some astoundingly clever ones, even, since then...

As with any show that has been around for almost 20 years, there will be
bad episodes, even entire seasons that aren't up to par. But there are
still enough really good, clever episodes in each season to save it from
jumping the shark, as it were, in my opinion. A lot of episodes I saw in
this last season I didn't care for. But then I saw a few near the end
where I thought, Damn, that is actually really funny. This doesn't mean
the movie won't suck -- it might, or it might not. The publicity for it
has gone into "so overhyped people will hate it just to backlash against
feeling pressured by the publicity," which is kinda dangerous territory
for them and ironic given the Simpsons usually mocks the kinds of PR
crap that is being doled out for the film.

Now Saturday Night Live -- there's a beast that needs to be put out of
its misery.... That thing hasn't been funny in ages. MADTv also sucks now.

-Oliver