[kj] OT: My News / New Zealand

Janean Lancaster Janean.Lancaster at hopwood.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 07:37:16 EDT 2007

My dad's been there for 8 years. Fell in love with the place after 2 visits. He's lives in Tuakau - he sent me photos, it looks gorgeous. And bloody spacious! When I think of where I live, in my semi in Manchester, it seems so cramped - we live on top of each other, the houses are so close together.

He's been hinting how I could get a job there! The only thing (apart from family and friends) keeping me here is going to gigs. Most my favourite bands don't venture down under. Does it have its own thriving "alternative scene"?