[kj] OT: Alexinnyc's job

CEPLASTER at aol.com CEPLASTER at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 11:32:03 EDT 2007

Dear Alex,

Heard about your job woes and am hoping it sorts itself out soon
enough. As far as working for Fox, who gives a fuck? Especially when you have
a family, sometimes you can't be as picky as you would prefer.
Plus, I'm sure you know people that work for companies that don't match
their politics, just because the money is good. I have a friend who is about as
"green" democrat as you can imagine, yet he works for an ad agency that does
Hummer ads. He works there because the pay is good. Not saying I agree
with it, as my car gets about 30 a gallon, I'm just saying that's what people
have to do sometimes.
As far as who owns the entertainment industry, as opposed to
disney and viacom, at last check I thought the music industry was primarily Coke
(Sony) and Seagrams (Universal). My info may be a little out of date,
though, whatever.
I am trying to get out of a lousy job that I have been doing for
the last four + years, which I have been doing for the benefits and the
regular hours. I could live indefinitely off of mac & cheese, pepperoni pizza and
classic coke, but I can't say the same for the rest of my family.
Straight jobs definitely are a drag, but they must be endured. As far as Fox goes,
you will always work alongside people who are a-holes. On my job I have
worked with people who are ignorant, racist, homophobic you name it, but you
find people like that wherever you go.
Anyone who gives you crap about selling out obviously doesn't have
any bills hanging over their head.
Hang in there and things will sort themselves out. As soon as you find a
new job, chances are your job options will improve. It always seems to work
out that way. best of luck, Carl P. in boston