[kj] O/T HELP! GatheringAdviceBureau -

Wayne Walker wayneupnorth at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 09:16:28 EDT 2007

It's easy mate. We did it once when a merchant provider for my wifes
business decided to stop paying us. You can fill out a form online and then
send it to your county court (website tells you the address) along with
documentation to prove your claim.

Then wait for the offending party to respond. If they don't, which is what
happened to us, then judgement is in your favour as it's viewed as being
non-contested. They then have a County Court Judgement on their records
(CCJ).

They then get 30 days to pay (I think), after which you can ask the court to
send bailiffs to collect the money on your behalf.

Luckily for us, it was a fair-sized company and they paid up. You might have
issues if the person can't be located or pleads poverty or bankruptcy. Not
sure what happens then.

The process is explained at this link along with the forms you need. It cost
us about £80 but this is added to the amount you're claiming back.

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/claims/index.htm

Hope this helps and good luck!