[kj] Gatherer's bands..

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Jul 19 06:37:09 EDT 2007

Me too I’ve been listening to a lot today and I’m really impressed! Thanks
all for sharing, much appreciated, I’m gonna be listening a lot more over
the next few weeks
it’s really pulled me away from listening to the same old
stuff.

I’m at a contract at the mo where I sit around most of the day and then jump
to it when something breaks
so I’ve been getting paid, by a corporate (a
bank even!) to listen to your music all day. I’m a professional Gatherer
appreciator :-)

Musically I’m naff too. My biggest musical achievement was back at school
where I taught myself to play the Smoke on the Water riff with a plastic
ruler on my desk. I was actually pretty impressed with myself. But I left it
at that. So basically I only learned about four chords, fucked them up I
think every single time I played them, which was once, and no one noticed, I
didn’t use electricity at all in the playing or recording process, never
signed to a label at all, didn’t even bother setting up my own or even
trying to make so much as a demo, never turned up to any gigs, never once
uttered a word to anyone else in the band, didn’t announce breaking up
think that qualifies as the single most punk think I’ve ever heard!

;)

_____