[kj] back to woik!!!

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 17:35:19 EDT 2007

Well, honestly, I'm kinda putting the cart before the horse here. For
a start, I haven't been formally asked to be interviewed just yet
(though my former colleague from TIME who works there now is
suggesting it's imminent). I'm not in a position to be turning my
nose up at any opportunities at the moment, so at the very least,
I'll go and hear what they have to say and/or offer. I'd be foolish
not to.

That all said, it's not the first (or second or third or fourth, etc.
etc.) place I'd want to work.

We'll see.

Alex in NYC

On Jul 13, 2007, at 5:16 PM, Rob's Arse wrote:

> Everything seems to be a moral quandry these days.

> End of the day, you gotta live, take the job.

> You can always leave and get another.

> www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear

> --- vassifer at earthlink.net wrote:

> From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>

> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke \(the band!\)"

> <gathering at misera.net>

> Subject: Re: [kj] back to woik!!!

> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:51:56 -0400

> I know -- it's truly a moral quandary!

> Alex in NYC

> On Jul 13, 2007, at 12:55 PM, folk devil wrote:

>> Alex, I know you've got the family and all, but please don't join

>> the murder corporation!

>>> From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>

>>> band!)"<gathering at misera.net>

>>> To: "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)"

>>> <gathering at misera.net>

>>> Subject: Re: [kj] back to woik!!!

>>> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:04:16 -0400

>>> Thanks, Dave --- and everyone, for the matter. We've all been here

>>> at one point or another, I know. By no means is my situation

>>> unique. So many people have been telling me to "enjoy this time

>>> with your family." It's a nice concept, but it's strenuously hard

>>> to do when you're busy worrying about how you're going to

>>> maintain their medical coverage (something most of you Brits, I

>>> suppose, don't need to fret about). In any case, I know

>>> something will pan out -- I have contacts all over the place and

>>> am following up on a few leads -- but nothing's coming together

>>> with the speed I'd like it to. Moreover, I'm still quite bitter

>>> and angry about my MTV job dissolving. It was very assuredly not

>>> a perfect fit, and I certainly didn't envision staying there for

>>> the rest of my days, but I didn't imagine it was going to be

>>> yanked out from under me, and so soon. That's going to take a

>>> little while to get over.

>>> Oddly and/or ominously, my strongest leads are over at FOX News,

>>> which -- for those of you not in the know -- is basically a wing

>>> of Rupert Murdoch's evil, conservative propaganda machine.

>>> Working there would invariably involve me selling my soul and

>>> getting a lobotomy first. Not so appealing.

>>> In any case, thanks for everyone's support and concern. Hopefully

>>> I'll have a more positive update soon.

>>> Cheers,