[kj] back to woik!!!

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 13 08:04:16 EDT 2007

Thanks, Dave --- and everyone, for the matter. We've all been here at
one point or another, I know. By no means is my situation unique. So
many people have been telling me to "enjoy this time with your
family." It's a nice concept, but it's strenuously hard to do when
you're busy worrying about how you're going to maintain their medical
coverage (something most of you Brits, I suppose, don't need to fret
about). In any case, I know something will pan out -- I have
contacts all over the place and am following up on a few leads -- but
nothing's coming together with the speed I'd like it to. Moreover,
I'm still quite bitter and angry about my MTV job dissolving. It was
very assuredly not a perfect fit, and I certainly didn't envision
staying there for the rest of my days, but I didn't imagine it was
going to be yanked out from under me, and so soon. That's going to
take a little while to get over.

Oddly and/or ominously, my strongest leads are over at FOX News,
which -- for those of you not in the know -- is basically a wing of
Rupert Murdoch's evil, conservative propaganda machine. Working there
would invariably involve me selling my soul and getting a lobotomy
first. Not so appealing.

In any case, thanks for everyone's support and concern. Hopefully
I'll have a more positive update soon.

Cheers,
Alex in NYC