[kj] Vinyl mastering?

death wish dwish2000 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:52:53 EDT 2007

Since vinyl is a boutique item nowadays, is it a given that a vinyl pressing
is mastered using the same standards from back in the days when vinyl was
dominant? Or, is it possible that some stuff is being slapped on vinyl, with
the audio actually being lifted from (and therefore really no better than)
cd?

I don't really know anything about the differences in the cd and
vinyl-mastering processes. I'm wondering what sort of cost-saving
corner-cutting is being done, if any.

Anyone?

T.