[kj] OT : Live Earth etc ...

Rob's Arse joker at Z6.com
Wed Jul 4 03:37:43 EDT 2007

That's alot of trees to plant to make amends!

It amazes me that people cannot do the simple maths of this.
It's something I have had a problem with with Killing Joke.
Jaz has always talked on the environment and our effect on it yet the music industry is so damn pollutive it is unreal.

It all seems obviously hypocritical to me.

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear

--- antoni at clara.net wrote:

From: "pssyche23" <antoni at clara.net>
To: <gathering at misera.net>
Subject: [kj] OT : Live Earth etc ...
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 22:02:59 +0100

Funny feature on the BBC London news this evening ... in view of Madonna's
headline appearance at this weekend's Live Earth "gig" at Wembley Stadium,
they did a check up on her carbon footprint ... whereas the average Londoner
comes in at about 10 (tons of CO2), Madge clocks up 1,000+ ... she has the
carbon footprint of approx 14,000 Malawi citizens ... I didn't really know
whether to laugh or cry ... at least the early evening finish last Sunday at
Lords meant that I managed avoid bumping into the massed hordes leaving the
"Concert For Diana" ... what a puke inducing thought ... anyway, we had a
right old storm in London early this evening ... not much to rival what our
good friends across the pond experience in Tornado alley but exciting enough
for us to have a feature on the BBC News website ...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6267038.stm ... I kinda saw it coming
when I left work at 16:45 BST ... it was impressive enough for me to get the
camera out & take a snap ... http://home.clara.net/antoni/darksky.JPG ... I
managed to jump on the bus before the torrential downpour and hail ... phew.

Regards, Antoni