[kj] Killing Joke on YouTube (The Hum @ the Palais)

pssyche23 antoni at clara.net
Fri Jan 26 14:36:17 EST 2007

Quite some effort there cheers ... for the benefit of more recent arrivals
here, this clip was from the infamous first KJ gig at Hammersmith Palais in
23rd February 1982 (they had played earlier at the Clarendon which was
demolished ages ago) ... this was the opening track of their set and they
included stuff like Land Of Milk And Honey and Chapter III that none of us
ever heard again ... this footage comes from a French TV show and has only
been in bootleg circulation in this poor b/w quality ... there were 7 songs
in the bootleg footage ... no idea whether the TV show contained more ...
there is a good audio bootleg of the gig in circulation ... the gig also
featured Charge, the mighty UK Decay and somewaht bizarrely Aztec Camera on
the bill ... Roddy Frame's mob were predictably mashed by the baying hordes
of punks ... the review is somewhere on Ana's website ... the flyer is here

: http://www.ukdecay.co.uk/albums/Flyersposters/hp230282x.jpg ...