[kj] Killing Joke on YouTube

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 26 13:08:31 EST 2007

Compiled this list myself. Probably left off some, and I intentionally
left of the horribly footage recorded for ten seconds on folks'
cellphones -- the kinds that are 75% audience heads and you can't even
hear what songs being played, etc.

Feel free to send me money in thanks. Paypal my email addy. No, really.

Dates below approximate. Just going by what the vid description at
YouTube says.

-Oliver

Killing Joke, "Eighties," live on The Tube, 1983:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQyu2xZbPic

Killing Joke, official "Money Is Not Our God" video, ca. 1990:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7A7SaLwHrQ

Killing Joke Rockworld TV, "The Wait," live 2006 or so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms3pg5oesTs

Killing Joke "The Hum" live Hammersmith -- 1981?? :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy9eJKLj4Tw <-- crushingly heavy audio
on this one, grainy b&w footage w/ tons of fog that somehow adds to the
creepy atmosphere, love this one personally, one of my faves.

Killing Joke "A New Day" official video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WOO4e0Duak

Killing Joke live on Jon Stewart cable show, ca. 1994, "Millenium":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3acq28zMV6w

Killing Joke "Frenzy" live 1983 The Tube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY_OG4Z5kU

Killing Joke "Universe B" fan video, 2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7M2jlAS_4w

Killing Joke 2006 Hosannas Electronic Press Kit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIf9NA4D0d4

Killing Joke "Fire Dances" official video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OD4dIOUjtc

Killing Joke, "Unspeakable," live on Belgian TV 1981:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CBIxegACrI

Old Killing Joke interview w/ clip of "The Hum":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVpZoDDeHIA

Killing Joke, "The Exit," live 1981 on Belgian TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vN7iJEStXA

Killing Joke "Eighties" official video, 1985 or so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zlf_17hecY

Killing Joke "Seeing Red" official video, 2003:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4an7i1o78

Killing Joke "Love Like Blood" official video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDoa7aQVsTI

Killing Joke "Sanity" official vid, 1986:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHgLwGXU1Bg

Killing Joke "We Have Joy" & "Wardance" live 1982:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHgLwGXU1Bg

"America" video, 1988: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4UvG936IQ

Killing Joke, "Requiem" live in Germany, 1985:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4UvG936IQ

Killing Joke, "Extremities" live ca. 1990:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBjxRh8L0C0 (live in Miami? Circle pits
and everything)

Killing Joke, "Wardance," live 1994:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4UvG936IQ

Killing Joke - "Democracy" official video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXZSF13pM-I

Killing Joke "Pandys Are Coming" live 1982:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvx-HbYTqzg

"Adorations" promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WOO4e0Duak

Killing Joke, 'Asteroid" live, poor sound quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykWNiNFa0Ao

Killing Joke live on Top of the Pops doing "Love Like Blood" ca. 1985 or
86: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JdL8OQi-o4

Killing Joke "Hosannas from the Basements of Hell" official vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5TxzBzfDw

Killing Joke playing "Nighttime" live on the Tube ca. 1985:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak5TxzBzfDw

Killing Joke "Sun Goes Down" live, Germany, 1985:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hx2q2k7z8g

Killing Joke, Pandemonium," live, Top of the Pops, 1993 or 94:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ax-B6ni20Y

"Love Like Blood," 1989, live, poor quality:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORF430l8A3A

Killing Joke "Wardance," live 1995 Astoria:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyt7K_wgdnQ

Killing Joke "Inside the Termite Mound" official vid (?):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls5xUPIrokk

Jaz and Rave interviewed on the The Tube in 1985:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCi5q4S4gLM

Killing Joke "Kings & Qeens" live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPBlcIZ3oKQ

Killing Joke, live 1983 The Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-mtHFYlqgA

Killing Joke, live "Communion" soundcheck 2003:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXCQAbuwmv8

Killing Joke, "Chessboards," live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTrgbvPSLUo

Jaz Coleman interview in Germany: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRxYLZ69X68

Jaz Coleman interview on Rockworld TV 2006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32qpySB6OIA

Killing Joke "Lust Almighty" Spanish TV 1983 or so:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R9lVbc2BaM

Killing Joke "Loose Cannon" official vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IRM-ChUt4M

Jaz and Youth interview on MTV ca. 1994:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzjnXpnKue4

Killing Joke live excerpt "Requiem" from XXV Gathering DVD:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKuEHmJoKes

there's more bad/choppy live footage, etc., but this seems to be the
cream of the crop