[kj] OT I'm not racist but....

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 19 08:20:05 EST 2007

As I type, Gordon Brown's visit to India is on the BBC news, he is in Bollywood, making a statement about Big Brother. Both he and Tony Blair made public
statements about BB quicker than they did about the execution of Saddam.
Our society really has gone mad (with apologies to mad people).

I haven't watched much of it either but working in the meeja I can't
avoid it. Rather than the whole race issue, what really depresses me is
that these people on our screens are the product of the British education
system. One of them thought eskimos are a type of animal; another thought
Winston Churchill was a (black) American president. It's funny, for a while, until you remember that there are millions more people like them out there. That is the real scandal.
But put uneducated people on screen, this is what you are going to get. The white women's bullying of the Indian women has been vile, but I don't think it was particularly racially-motivated. Just ignorance-motivated. Channel4 must be *very* happy with the result.

Dave Noonan <noonan.hq at ntlworld.com> wrote:I'm not racist but.... As someone who has passionately objected to and done my level best to avoid 'big brother' since its inception - how have the recent inescapable actions been viewed through the eyes of the Gatherers and does it affect your view of England...or is it just a load of sensationalist shite designed to cause reaction and little else? How far has the furore reached?

Dave
Gathering mailing list
Gathering at misera.net