[kj] The Day the Country Died

Mike Cooper mike at coopersurf.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 08:16:35 EST 2007

I think I am one of many fellow Gatherers currently ploughing through "The Day the Country Died" at the moment and marvellous it is too. I have been a liflelong fan of Rudimentary Peni and never seen photo's of them before which was not quite what I expected and exposes my own mental sterotypes I suppose. The Mob mentioning the sold out Fulham Greyhound gig was a reminder than I was one of those outside all those years ago and I am still gutted.

The main thing is I was in the Brum independant record shop and they were proudly displaying a "Day the Country Died"DVD for sale with interviews and footage of the bands in the book (mostly the big names from what I remember). Didn't panic buy I thought I would check to see if anyone had seen it and could say if it was worthwhile and then panic buy!