[kj] Killing Joke: Pandemonium book cancelled

ade ade at the-lab.zetnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 14 16:25:00 EST 2007

Fuck me, what did Jaz do this time?!
-----Original Message-----
From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net]On
Behalf Of TheGatheringGerm at aol.com
Sent: 14 January 2007 12:14
To: gathering at misera.net
Subject: Re: [kj] Killing Joke: Pandemonium book cancelled

I am sorry, the KJ book is dead.
Here is the blog from the author:

Important Announcement Re: KILLING JOKE Book

If you have come here to get ordering information on Pandemonium: Inside
Killing Joke and are wondering why the item shows up as "unavailable" on
lulu.com, here's why:

As of 60 minutes ago, the book no longer exists.

My decision to abandon publishing this book, as well as my decision to
completely remove Killing Joke from my subsequent "Albums" book project,
ends a very long and tumultuous ordeal that I no longer have the time,
patience or interest to be a part of.

In a nutshell: Never work with your heroes.

I'm sure some of you understand where I'm coming from with this.

Although I am VERY tempted to detail everything that has gone on with
respect to this nightmare (as it happens, this is the third draft of this
blog), I choose to take the high road, wash my hands of this situation
completely and walk away with my integrity (and sanity) full intact.

My humble thanks and deepest apologies to those who so graciously
contributed their time, help and support to this project. I deeply regret
that your words will not be shared with Killing Joke fans around the world.

My deepest thanks to all Gatherers who have supported not only this page,
but also the publication of this book. I hope you all enjoyed the excerpts,
as they represent the LAST time Killing Joke will ever appear on this page.
I also hope you'll stick around and continue to check out some of the great
stuff in the works for this page.

Know that my decision to kill this project was mine and mine alone, and
that any public statement regarding this matter made by outside parties
should be considered of questionable veracity.

Unless you are a direct book participant, please do not send
comments/messages asking for further clarification on this matter. They will
go unanswered.

This while thing is a crying shame, since the book is (or, rather, was)
fucking awesome!

But there are plenty of other bands in this world worth writing about.

On a positive note, I now have more time to devote to the PRONG mini book,
which I'm incredibly excited about. Stay tuned for more info on that and
other upcoming projects.

And in the meantime, don't forget about TALES OF HORROR!! :)

Down but NEVER out,

Joel Gausten

In einer eMail vom 14.01.2007 09:17:56 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net:
Dear KJ fans,

http://www.lulu.com/content/596745

That's the URL the author's referring folks to.

Your fave impertinent twit,

Oliver