[kj] [KJ] Killing Joke,blue oyster cult

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Sun Jan 14 06:02:23 EST 2007

It's a matter of opinion, but...

What's bad about it:

The songs are too long.
Jaz's lyrics are verbose and boring.
Jaz growling

Also, for me the two great things about the Joke have been the dance-factor (change, nuclear boy, and many others) and Geordie's guitar (empire song, are you receiving, love like blood, and many others). Sometimes - pssyche - you get both really strongly. (That track blows me away every time I hear it live.) Lightbringer reminds me of pssyche because it combines a dance beat with a great guitar sound. Unfortunately I don't think the rest of the album does.

That's a kind offer about your niece, but if she's as ugly as you are, I'll pass.

Jamie