[kj] [KJ] Killing Joke "Rawk"

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Fri Jan 12 11:57:22 EST 2007

"Neil Perry" wrote:

> That's what I call a show. You just don't get that desire

> to entertain an audience anymore!

I have to admit, despite the cheesiness of it all, that show remains on of
the best stadium shows I've seen to this day. The sound was spot on, the
band played faithful renditions of the songs (although it was later proven
in a lawsuit by a promoter that much of the music was pre-recorded tapes!)
and the stage show was completely over the top.

To give you an idea, before the band came on after it got dark they flew in
by helicopter this huge 30 foot diameter glowing flying saucer which
"landed" behind the stage which was covered with a huge curtained backdrop.
Then, the curtain parted revealing the spaceship (actually a much larger
version) that split in half and opened up to show the band as they started
the show, smoke, lighst and green lasers flying in every direction. It was
really overwelming.

Add to that it was a beautiful, warm Summer night, everyone was in shorts or
swim suits as if it was a day at the beach - it was just a lot of fun for
someone like me just out of High School and sold me on going to otherwise
generally awful outdoor stadium festivals for a few years featuring bands
I'd otherwise never want to see like Blue Oyster Cult, Pat Travers, Ted
Nugent and Cheap Trick (who always seemed to be support at these kind of
shows in '79 - '80).

T.B.