[kj] [KJ] Killing Joke "Rawk"

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 15:34:21 EST 2007

I'll shout WHEN I THINK SHOUTING IS APPLICABLE.

To some, "old hip hop" is just as lamentable -- if not more so --
than Sting and Supetramp.

For what it's worth, I don't own any Sting albums -- that was just an
example. I do own everything by the Police though.

Alex in NYC

On Jan 11, 2007, at 3:31 PM, Dimitri Bukharin wrote:

> No Sting or Supertramp I'm afraid! I only bought two albums last

> year, Killing Joke And Transmission. I don't claim to be cool, to

> old for that shit but I don't own any records that I'm not proud to

> have bought.

> When I'm not listening to the Joke I'm more an electro house and

> old hip-hop fan though my old punk records get a play now and

> again. Oh and NO NEED TO SHOUT!

> On 1/11/07, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> And why should that be? Worried about people judging you because

> you happen to own -- let alone like -- an album or two by Sting or

> Supertramp or something?

> Look, EVERYone -- even the hippest of uber-hepcats -- owns a guilty

> pleasure or two. Let's all stop being such ridiculous elitists, for

> cryin' out loud.

> LET THE SKELETONS OUT OF THOSE CLOSETS!!

> Alex in NYC

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Dimitri Bukharin wrote:

>> When have I said I only listen to one type of music? I choose to

>> keep my tastes in non Killing Joke related music to myself.

>> On 1/11/07, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net > wrote:

>> Quite sure, thanks. As someone else said -- I believe it was

>> Javier -- what a boring life you must lead if you only listen to

>> one type of music.

>> Alex in NYC

>> On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Dimitri Bukharin wrote:

>>> Paul Simon, Queen........... Are you sure you like Killing Joke?

>>> On 1/11/07, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net > wrote:

>>> Back in the days of vinyl, I used to organize by genre or by what

>>> I'd perceive as a quasi-genre ("flavor of the month brit hype

>>> bands" ala Jesus & Mary Chain, the Primitives, the Sugarcubes,

>>> etc.) This just got too unwieldy after a while, and upon the

>>> advent of discs, I just went with alphabetizing, which makes

>>> loads more sense (although it means certain artists sit

>>> incongruously next to each other on the shelves..... Paul Simon

>>> sits next to Siouxsie.... the Plasmatics sit next to Robert

>>> Plant....Pussy Galore sit next to Queen, etc.)