[kj] [KJ] Killing Joke "Rawk"

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 15:14:03 EST 2007

And why should that be? Worried about people judging you because you
happen to own -- let alone like -- an album or two by Sting or
Supertramp or something?

Look, EVERYone -- even the hippest of uber-hepcats -- owns a guilty
pleasure or two. Let's all stop being such ridiculous elitists, for
cryin' out loud.

LET THE SKELETONS OUT OF THOSE CLOSETS!!

Alex in NYC

On Jan 11, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Dimitri Bukharin wrote:

> When have I said I only listen to one type of music? I choose to

> keep my tastes in non Killing Joke related music to myself.

> On 1/11/07, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Quite sure, thanks. As someone else said -- I believe it was

> Javier -- what a boring life you must lead if you only listen to

> one type of music.

> Alex in NYC

> On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:47 PM, Dimitri Bukharin wrote:

>> Paul Simon, Queen........... Are you sure you like Killing Joke?

>> On 1/11/07, Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net > wrote:

>> Back in the days of vinyl, I used to organize by genre or by what

>> I'd perceive as a quasi-genre ("flavor of the month brit hype

>> bands" ala Jesus & Mary Chain, the Primitives, the Sugarcubes,

>> etc.) This just got too unwieldy after a while, and upon the

>> advent of discs, I just went with alphabetizing, which makes loads

>> more sense (although it means certain artists sit incongruously

>> next to each other on the shelves..... Paul Simon sits next to

>> Siouxsie.... the Plasmatics sit next to Robert Plant....Pussy

>> Galore sit next to Queen, etc.)

>> Alex in NYC

>> On Jan 11, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Javier Garcia wrote:

>>> Dimitri wrote:

>>> Or not!, and maybe you can do it the way you feel to. I just

>>> can't mix some soft/electronic stuff i have with metal... you

>>> know what i mean?. It's just my way to look for records easier.

>>> It's more practical to me.

>>> After all, labels and genres exist weather you like it or not.

>>> You can use them or not.

>>> But you want me to believe that you never, ever use labels...

>>> yeah, right! I'm not a label/genre defender, but they are not

>>> useless. That's my only point.

>>> And so, after your complaint with that store, under what label

>>> are KJ now? or they are re-organize all the store and now they

>>> went all alphabetical?? So maybe you now can find Killing Joke

>>> "easier": it's just next to Kenny G, Khawaja Zia ud din, King

>>> Pinz, Kid Rock, Krystal Blue and Kajagoogoo?? HA! Now i call that

>>> easy!!!

>>> Javier

>>> MxCty

>>> ---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------

>>> Subject : Re: [kj] [KJ] Killing Joke "Rawk"

>>> Date : Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:02:48 +0000

>>> From : "Dimitri Bukharin" < krasnidenamit at googlemail.com>

>>> To : "A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)" <

>>> gathering at misera.net>

>>> You could allways put your collection in alphabetical order then

>>> it's dead

>>> easy to find everything!

>>> A HMV store near me put the Joke in their "rawk" section so I

>>> sent a letter

>>> of complaint and their back with all the regular shit now.

>>> a record

>>> labeling), to look

>>> thing; i don't

>>> understand