[kj] Cultpunk.com's Top 20 LPs of 2006

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 10:37:53 EST 2007

Well, not that I have to justify myself to you, but I'm a music
critic here in NYC, writing weekly contributions about live music
events to the New Yorker's Goings on About Town section. I'm also the
managing editor of MTV News Online, which means I'm inundated with
more new music than I'm even interested at this point. I believe it
was our writer James Montgomery who burned me a disc featuring some
of the Red Orchestra stuff -- but like I said - it didn't blow a new
part in my hair.

But this is all beside the point, once again. My point was that your
musical fandom/expertise shouldn't act like a shiny sheriff's badge
that enables you to lord if over other folks. Put simpy, no one likes
a knowitall (which is exactly how you're behaving).

It's really nice that you like a lot of bands that many folks -- if
not most folks here, myself included -- haven't heard, but the manner
in which you're presenting this information is coming across as
boorish and exclusive, which is -- quite frankly - rude and boring.
That's all.

Alex in NYC