[kj] [KJ] Killing Joke "Rawk"

Peter Moltesen sneakypete at uwclub.net
Wed Jan 10 14:07:26 EST 2007

ok guv – it’s a fair cop

I’ll go and chew a waste ;o)

_____

From: gathering-bounces at misera.net [mailto:gathering-bounces at misera.net] On
Behalf Of Dimitri Bukharin
Sent: 10 January 2007 18:57
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)
Subject: Re: [kj] [KJ] Killing Joke "Rawk"

Lemmy said in an interview once that Motorhead were a punk band and you just
labled Killing Joke as one too so your as guilty of pigeonholing bands as
anyone!

On 1/10/07, Peter Moltesen <sneakypete at uwclub.net> wrote:

why has everything got to be classified ????

I really don't understand that – I was listening to the first KJ album today
and I can hear all kinds of

influences, from punk to funk to krautrock. Theres all sorts of things going
on in there. Maybe that's why

KJ stood out so much from the other bands that were around then – I mean
back in 1979/80 how many

other punk bands would have admitted being influenced by Chic / disco music
?

Stop pidgeonholing everything. Its BORING

PS - Lemmy never wore spandex – does that mean he's not 'rawk' ???

_____