[kj] The Only Poll

BS Crack BSCrack at UltimateEmail.com
Tue Jan 9 19:35:39 EST 2007

"Define the difference between a band that's the "real deal" and a "rawk"
band."
***** I suppose that "rawk" bands are in it for the women, drugs , booze and Rawk & Roll lifestyle and play up to the rock n roller image i.e Kiss, Kid Rock , Motley Crue. And "real deal" bands are in it because they enjoy making music ie Killing joke, The Jam/Weller , Headcount , Oasis etc etc. Its quite easy to distinguish between the two , basically ALL American bands are pretenders and All/most English bands are the real deal .****

Killing Joke has always straddled that gray area almost since day one.
*****Although KJ always have always flirted with Rawks excesses , I believe that they ve always believed in what they did , however misconstrued it turned out to be in the end.
Kiss wore make up, Killing joke wore war paint. Thats the difference*****

I can come up with songs from any point in their career that would qualify as
perfectly fine rock tunes or even (gasp) pop tunes.
*****Its not about the music, its about the sincerity*******