[kj] choices for 2K6

Matthew Burke marsboy1 at msn.com
Fri Jan 5 17:05:26 EST 2007

Hope I'm not behind. No time to post these days. But, I want my tastes validated as well.

Don't know if they're the best of the year, but they're the new stuff I listened to most(in no order):

Hosannas (I still mean it)
Rio Grande Blood - Ministry
Continental - Robin Guthrie
Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards - Tom Waits
Sines and Singularities - Bluetech
On An Island - David Gilmour
Kiss of Death - Motorhead
Fox Confessor Brings the Flood - Neko Case
Desert Ocean - Lanterna
Bombay Dub Orchestra - Bombay Dub Orchestra
Lewis Black - The Carnegie Hall Performance

Thanks to Gatherers for the heads up on The Melvins,
which I'll add to the 'regretfully behind' list, along with:

American V: A Hundred Highways - Johnny Cash
Living with War - Neil Young
Return to Cookie Mountain - TV on the Radio
Fishscale - Ghostface Killah
AND
the as yet unreleased in the US: Still Stuck In Your Throat - by the greatest/most screwed over band to ever grace a stage: FISHBONE