[kj] Obliterating Hell Crystals 2006

Darth E. Vader crackedmachine at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 08:44:09 EST 2007

--- "B. Oliver Sheppard" <bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Hosannas from the Basements of Hell = One of the Top

> 10 LPs of 2006. I

> love it.

I totally agree!

There were two other albums released this year I've
listened to as much if not more than 'Hosannas' and
those were:

Bardo Pond - Ticket Crystals (All Tomorrows Parties)
www.bardopond.org
www.threelobed.org/bardo

Mission of Burma - The Obliterati (Matador)
www.obliterati.net

Other albums I played a hell of a lot:

OOIOO - Taiga (Thrill Jockey)
Califone - Roots and Crowns (Thrill Jockey)
Channels - Waiting for the Next End of the World
(Dischord)
Uzeda - Stella (Touch and Go)
P.J. Harvey - Peel Sessions (Island)
Polysics - Now is the Time (TVT)
Eleventh Dream Day - Zeroes and Ones (Thrill Jockey)
Noxagt (Load)
Mugstar - Mugstar (Sea)
Kling Klang - The Esthetik of Destruction (Rock
Action)
Akimbo - Forging Steel and Laying Stone (Alternative
Tentacles)

Howling Hex - 1,2,3 (Drag City)
Howling Hex - Nightclub Version of the Eternal (Drag
City)
Major Stars - Syntoptikon (Important)
Grails - The Black Tar Prophecies (Important)
Larsen - Seies (Important)
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat
Your Ass (Matador)
Chris Brokaw - Incredible Love (Rock Action)
Audrey - Visible Forms (Stereo Test Kit)
Enablers - Output Negative Space (Neurot)
Tortoise - A Lazarus Taxon 3CD+DVD compilation (Thrill
Jockey)
Howe Gelb - 'Sno Angel Like You (Thrill Jockey)
Anoice - Remmings (Important)

This has been the worst year for bigger gigs I can
remember. As far as gigs put on by promoters who do it
for the money, I only went to see Nick Cave, Killing
Joke, Polysics, Howe Gelb, Nina Nastasia & Dinosaur
Jr.

However there were so many smaller gigs put on by
people who do it for the love of music it just went to
show that the mainstream has become almost completely
redundant.

Cracked Machine irregular cyberzine
http://www.webinfo.co.uk/crackedmachine

Look at grafitti scrawled on the wall:
Dubya can't catch family friend Bin Liner...
But what the HELL?
They talk to God!