[kj] An Olive Branch for Olive-r

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 28 12:43:29 EST 2007

Ha! I love the 1st 4 Sabbath albums. But starting with _Sabbath, Bloody
Sabbath_ -- man. I know some people that LOVE that album. But I also
know peopl that love Brighter Than a Thousands Suns.

So -- not even Dio-era Sabbath was hair metal? Not ... just a bit? ;/

I do think Tony Iommi is a god, actually. Him, geordie, Greg Ginn of
Black Flag, Johnny Ramone, Randy Uchida of Japan's GISM, Pig Chammpion
of Poison Idea -- to me these are, like, the best guitarists ever. But
as always these are only my opinions; I know folks who like stuff like
Steve Vai and "prodigy"-type guitarists better.

-Oliver