[kj] FW:alex-- Now Here's a Reunion Tour!

Jerry Butson jerry at fleamusic.com
Wed Feb 28 06:14:54 EST 2007

I found New Order to be ASTOUNDING live. It was like a broken eggshell held
together with sticky tape in that the very fragility of their on stage
persona was only held together by the sequencers and drum track without
which they could never have sustained a whole gig.

It was almost like the whole thing would break apart...the electronics were
almost like a life support system. You can hear this on record too in tracks
like Temptation and Bizarre Love Triangle.

Just my theory anyway, nowadays they're just an old pub roc band trading on
past glories...

jerry