[kj] Afro-Punk & Swiz

Devacor at aol.com Devacor at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 13:14:17 EST 2007

In a message dated 2/27/2007 12:54:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net writes:

You did luck out.

Here's an early gem of a clip on YouTube I found of early, Dag Nasty
(when they were still a hardcore band) with Shawn Brown on vocals. Minor
Threat's Brian Baker is on guitar. 1985 I'm pretty sure. It's really,
really good, very high energy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OausepMmBbk

For some reason I always thought Shawn Brown was the coolest, most
underrated hc singer.

yeah fortunate to say I caught the first shows of also Rites of Spring,
Embrace, Soulside and Fugazi.
Another "brutha" singer who was pretty damn good from a damn good band was
Chaka from Burn-
Their heyday was more early-mid 90's but I though they had a couple songs
that goes down as classic NYC hardcore.

Adam Helfer
President
Omkara World