[kj] FW: Now Here's a Reunion Tour!

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 24 14:55:15 EST 2007

Sorry, Mel -- but Oliver did invoke the J&MC, so I'm following that
tangent.

In regards to his Igness, I'd slavishly love to attend the Stooges
show (Dave Gingoblin? You comin' to the NYC gig?). I must sadly
confess to never seeing Iggy play live --- even when my beloved Cop
Shoot Cop were opening for him (circa AMERICAN CAESER).

I *did* see Iggy having a drink at Sin-e when it was on St.Mark's
Place back in the 90's. He was only living a couple blocks away at
the time (as later detailed on his somewhat yawnsome "jazz" album,
AVENUE B). I was chatting with some friends, walking West and
suddenly, sitting right by the door was Iggy, sitting on a bar stool,
enjoying a pint. "Holy Shit, it's IGGY!" I exclaimed. The great man
looked at us, smiled broadly and gave us a thumbs up. We kept walking.

To see Ig with the Brothers Asheton? I'd pay long dollars for that.
Quite curious to hear the record.

Alex in NYC

On Feb 24, 2007, at 2:25 PM, melinda grant wrote:

> me and t.b were mainly talking about iggy stooges btw alex, i find

> mary chain boring and dated...boring ;-/

>> From: "melinda grant" <hollytree1961 at hotmail.com>

>> band!)"<gathering at misera.net>

>> To: gathering at misera.net

>> Subject: Re: [kj] FW: Now Here's a Reunion Tour!

>> Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:54:18 +0000

>> never seen new order live and have never been into mary chain at all.

>> me and t.b were talking about "iggy and stooges" alex ;-/!!!!!

>> melinda

>>> From: Alexander Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net>

>>> band!)"<gathering at misera.net>

>>> To: TB <Partyslammer at socal.rr.com>,"A list about all things

>>> Killing Joke (the band!)" <gathering at misera.net>

>>> Subject: Re: [kj] FW: Now Here's a Reunion Tour!

>>> Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:30:05 -0500

>>> I'm still quite flabbergasted that the J&MC are touring (with both

>>> brothers involved, specifically). As much as I loved PSYCHOCANDY,

>>> DARKLANDS and a couple of other tracks (a few off HONEY'S DEAD, and

>>> some of the b-sides, notably "Kill Surf City" and "Sidewalking"),

>>> I've never had a good time at a `Mary Chain show.

>>> I saw them in Columbus, Ohio on the DARKLANDS tour (where they also

>>> employed a drum machine) and they were listless, disinterested and

>>> boring. I saw them again on the second Lollapalooza in `92 or so,

>>> and

>>> it seemed entirely incongruous to see the band -- all weedy,

>>> Scottish

>>> and pale -- playing in the broad, sunny daylight (although at that

>>> time, they *did* have a live drummer -- some dude named Monty who'd

>>> also played with Curve). I saw them a final time at the Roseland

>>> Ballroom, and it was sort've more of same.

>>> I still find their recordings pretty damn stupendous (notably

>>> everything on PSYCHOCANDY), but I don't think I'd ever bother going

>>> to go see them live again.

>>> Another great studio band, but shit live band: New Order. Discuss.

>>> Alex in NYC

>>> gig in

>>> out in

>>> of my