[kj] 1000 SUNS Outside Gate and PHANTASMAGORIA

B. bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 23 10:43:33 EST 2007

Although I hate to LABEL them strictly hardcore by
'85, Bad Brains had become a NYHC band (but always DC
in spirit?) and _I Against I_ + _Soulcraft_ LPs are
also solid releases, also with the metallic crossover
edge of the period. A lot of folks think "I Against I"
is their best LP! (Not me, but I like it.) The
Ramones' "I'm Not Jesus" (_Halfway to Sanity_) from
'87 or so is about as hc a song as was made in the
80s.

The subject line of this post contains two albums that
I choose not to label hardcore.

-Oliver