[kj] 1000 SUNS and PHANTASMAGORIA

Alex Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 22 16:55:52 EST 2007

I don't remember being as crushed by hearing "Grimly Fiendish" by the Damned as I was when I first heard "Adorations" by the `Joke, but then -- I was always *way* more into the `Joke. Still not a fan of that single. When the album came out, there were at least a few tracks with oomph to them (notably "Chessboards" and "Rubicon") and its aged fairly well, I'd say, but it's never been one of my favorites.

That all said, *ABSOLUTELY NOTHING* can compare to the jaw-dropping disbelief and abject disapointment I felt when I first heard "America" (to say nothing of the rest of the album that spawned it).

Alex in NYC