[kj] Lords of the New Church Reunion - (was)Clip of USpunkdocumentary/riots

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Wed Feb 21 22:26:10 EST 2007

"folk devil" wrote:

> So, Stiv Bators is dead and Steve Marque sounds positively brain dead!

> lol.

> I do feel sorry for the band, though. Couldn't they just change the

> spelling

> of their name, or something? Maybe drop the 'the' to thee, or those?

Well, it was clearly an attempt to cash in on the name. Steve Marque right
through the end was geting all sorts of shirts and shit with the "classic"
logos and dagger art produced and was selling it off his own website
completely without Dave and Brian's knowledge. As for the other original
member, drummer Nicky Turner, he doesn't give a shit and basically left
behind his life as a musician when he went to work under IRS Records chief
Miles (Satan) Copeland after he left the Lords in '87.

Sadly though, it's not like The Lords had much value beyond a very small
group of diehards, many of whom saw the whole affair for exactly what it was
and never supported it.

T.B.