[kj] Clip of US punk documentary/riots

TB Partyslammer at socal.rr.com
Wed Feb 21 11:37:06 EST 2007

"Christof hamille" wrote:

> Thanks. Looks like it ws fun. What is the verdict of Casey Chaos. I

> can't decide. His music does nothing for me. It seems like I've read

> over

> and over again how much he fights the system and how "real" he is. Which

> may be true but it seems forced. Maybe I am reading too much into it.

I personally think the guy is a joke. I remember seeing his band "Amen"
open for Killing Joke in Los Angeles back in '03 and the first thing that
struck me was the forced whining and bitching about how his band was the
"real deal" or whatever even though they sounded like the same old 3rd
generation punk/metal crap I hear from hundreds of go-nowhere bands in clubs
all the time. The whole act was contrived squared. Cubed even. The funniest
part was at the end of their set, he fell or did something stupid and it
appeared he came close to breaking his arm and limped offstage in tears.

Months, maybe a year or so later, I was talking to a mutual friend of Brian
James and I and he mentioned that Brian had met Casey and wanted to do
something with him and this guy was bemoaning the fact that Casey was
"exactly" like Steven Marque, the idiot who shammed and scammed Brian into
reforming The Lords of the New Church in 2001. He said Casey was incredibly
pretentious and that Brian's a pushover when it comes to these kind of guys
latching on to him.

T.B.