[kj] Clip of US punk documentary/riots

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 19 08:41:37 EST 2007

So if someone were to say that, say, Joy Division were post-punk, woud
you cry "LABELS!" Like that's oppressive and confining in some physical
way? That's ridiculous.

It's nice to have words to describe musical styles (crossover thrash,
hair metal, crust, etc.) and it's also not uncommon for folks to be
opinionated on what kind of music they think sucks (alt-country) or not
(no wave). If I think illy Ray Cyrus looks like a joke in a mullet, I'll
say it. (But -- LABELS!) If that upsets you Alex in New York City, take
some Klonopin or something and just put me on ignore.

-Oliver