[kj] Transmission last night

Neil Perry neilfperry at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 17 19:44:04 EST 2007

Nah, Marc had to leave 15 mins before they came on - they
were a bit late on (but I'm sure that had nothing to do with the
quality of the roadies... ;))

I only saw three songs, as I had to run for the last tube, but was pretty
good what I did see - Youth really seemed to be enjoying himself,
and a nice little speech about Paul, what was it - "on a British stage
for the first time in 20 years"..? Or something like that. Anyway
it sounded good - wasn't sure about the choice of venue/club
however, a lot of the disco crowd looked pretty confused when
they came on.

Bizarrely, a bloke next to me asked me "Is this someone who used
to be in another band - were they in Husker Du?" I told him who
it was, and he said, "That's Youth? And Paul from KJ? Blimey."

Anyway I left Jamie there watching it - how did the rest of it go?

PS Just listening to Vertical Smile on myspace - good, if you
like that funky groovy stuff, which I do

Rob's Arse <joker at Z6.com> wrote:
Was bloody great!
Soundcheck was very ropey. It was touch and go as Simon Tong was ill.
Live they have a gut from Oxford, James Sedwards playing and he really fills it out. He's on teh new album which they began work on thsi week!

fatpotanga and I got home at 4 this morning as the load out was hideously late, but it was a fine night.
Seeing paul and Youth up there together was a bit special you know.

Great to see all the gatherers and sorry not to have seen you off!
Did you actually see anthing Marc??????

www.iamscuzzy.com www.myspace.com/scuzzywear