[kj] Fw: UK DECAY CD AVAILABLE!! ..."DEATH, SO FATAL"

B. Oliver Sheppard bigblackhair at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 11 10:32:28 EST 2007

Brilliant! I absolutely love UK Decay. Especially "Rising from the Dead."

I'll never forget one of my first posts to this Gathering list was how I
thought early Killing Joke reminded me of UK Decay of that same '78 -
'80 period. The respondent to my post -- forgot who it was -- vehemently
denied the comparison, saying Gang of Four or PiL or something instead
Wha? I think early KJ share much more of a vibe with UK Decay than with
Gang of Four, though they're all excellent post-punk bands and generally
were part of that same musical milieu of that age. (If I'm not mistaken,
the Official UK Decay website goes out of its way to prove it was the
first goth band -- scans of newspaper articles and such.)

Great band, and thank you for this info on the album! Time to get out
the black eyeliner.

-Oliver