[kj] fatpotanga in 'On Topic' shock!

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 13:50:11 EST 2007

Had a prospective client come over this am.
After about an hour of babbling he asked to see some work samples.
He spotted my framed MD pics in my office & commented that 'they surely
aren't still going are they?"

Turns out he used to be a huge KJ fan way back - saw them in '79 ("...The
most intense gig I have ever seen - even before they came on stage the
atmosphere was sinister - almost unbearable") and has pretty much all the
early MD stuff on vinyl.

After muchly chatters (much to the boredom of his business partner) & him
singing(!) 'Change' (much to the bewilderment of his business partner - and
me come to think of it. How many prospective clients sing to you?) it turns
out he used to write a fanzine & has some interview(s?) with jaz.

He sent me these links for No Class fanzine which was around the same time
as the one he was involved in. Early interviews with KJ, Red Beat and Ski
Patrol which people may or may not have seen before:

http://www.noclass.co.uk/jokeinterview.html

http://www.noclass.co.uk/redbeatint1.html

http://www.noclass.co.uk/skinterview.html

He's going to dig out his zines from the attic so will forward anything of
interest that may arrive.

Taters...

fatpotanga - one word, lowercase 'f''

PS: 'flatulence' what a great word!

PPS: I won the work & more to boot.
Who needs to be in the Mason's eh?
Bizarrely, my neighbour asked me to join last week.
It's depressing that I have now reached that age when someone should look at
me & decide I'd make a good Mason.
It'll be the Round Table next...
I babble.... (imagine me drunk - shudders...)