[kj] Killing Joke Millenium shirt

Jiri unspeakable at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 7 13:41:11 EST 2007

Seeing souvenirs from that tour with the tour cities listed always chaps
me: That was around when I first really got into Killing Joke (I was
introduced by blunt force after Extremities, with the understanding that
they were a defunct band torn asunder by their own infighting). So along
they come back from the supposed dead, touring my home town -- but on a
date when I had to be in New Orleans. And where had they performed the
week before my trip? New Orleans, of course.

"That's alright," I rationalized to myself. "Now that they're back from
the dead. I'll catch them next time around." BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is
Killing Joke, idiot. "Next time" was 10 years later, on a much smaller
U.S. tour.

That said, the New Orleans trip was still memorable and the intervening
years were much kinder to me than to Fatpotanga's poor Millenium concert
tee/spider farm.