[kj] OT: Just A Bothering - prayer to a friend

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 4 09:34:08 EST 2007

"I'm a billion times RICHER than you with knowing WHO I AM! : D"

This is, however, merely your own perception of who you are, not
necessarily the actual truth.

I don't begrudge anyone for taking drugs (although, honestly, if
you're stupid and weak enough to try heroin after all this time and
all this wreckage, you probably deserve the fate that will befall
you), but I just can't abide by the sanctimonious rationalization
that drugs lend you insight into matters heretofore unrevealed. In my
now distant youth, I "experimented" with coke, LSD and marijuana. All
great fun, yes, but it began and ended there --- recreation. I'm not
a prophet nor soothsayer now for having taken acid. I wouldn't mess
with any of them now. Alcohol and caffeine are my drugs these days,
and both of them might have to go soon too.

Messing around with your neurochemistry --- like spinning a giant
roulette wheel.

Alex in NYC