[kj] OT: somewhat rapturous Bauhaus CD review...

Brendan bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Sun Dec 16 18:31:05 EST 2007

Goth wouldn't get four pillars, it would get four handbags...sorry boys
but wearing eyeshadow, if you're not Robert Smith you're totally violating
the manifesto and your nutpurse will start to shrivel instantly. Smith,
well he's allowed....just cos.

Oh and Brandon Lee in whatever that movie was. There may be some more
dispensations but I'll give them out grudgingly...in fact I'll probably
leave it to Alex.

Oh, the SAS, they're allowed too, as long as it's boot polish not L'Oreal,
and they don't put their weapon down while they apply it, or get anyone
else to apply it for them while they move their face accomodatingly...

And Jaz, well it's not goth, it's, um, gothtic.

> KJ = totally goth, mate. Wasn't that Simon Whathisfuckingface Reynolds

> quoted recently on here, saying that KJ were one of the four pillars of

> goth? *CHUCKLE*

>>> called

>>> goth-mo or some shit." Looks like that really did happen.

>>> This is Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat expaining, derisively, "emo," in

>>> 1986:

>>> http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbdh0Qm_5A0

>>> Now, how what he is describing would come to mean eyeliner, a black 80s

>>> skater flop, bangs-over-one-eye hairdo, etc., is beyond me. Basically,

>>> America's cultural stewards need to be sent to the gas ovens, because

>>> whoever is in charge of steering this shit has no idea what they're

>>> doing.